Wednesday 14 August 2013

Kudos to ZEC

I I would like to congratulate the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission on a job very well done.

Your system was so well organised and run that when a party official tried to tamper with the voting process you very easily caught him out.

Do not be disheartened by the attacks of permanent detractors and sore losers. Some of the permanent detractors cannot even run elections half as organised and transparent is the ones you ran.

Ms Rita Makarau and your team, please keep it up. You make proud Zimbabweans like me even more proud.

Please pass on my thanks to the multitudes of civil servants (teachers, police officers and others) who, I am proud to say, did an extremely professional job, and conducted themselves with immense dignity and poise. This is despite that they were working in probably the hottest political cauldron on this planet. I do not need to add, it shows that they have a diligent and hardworking culture.

I know you faced a tremendous amount of unsubtle pressure from enormously powerful international players to do everything possible to discredit a result they didn't want. However I am proud to say that you held your nerve and fulfilled your duty towards the Zimbabwean people immaculately, and impartially.

If it was up to me the expertise and integrity of individual members of the ZEC team would become very highly recommended in helping organize and observe elections throughout the region and Africa. You are indeed international quality experts at running elections.

Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment